Telephone Matching

Why inclusion of wireless phones
is so important in any sample
or phone append


52.5% of USA households are now wireless-only (do not have a landline phone). An additional 15.1% of US households are wireless-mostly. A wireless-mostly household is defined as one that has a landline phone, but takes all or almost all of their calls on a wireless device. Together, 67.6% of U.S. households are now either wireless-only or wireless-mostly – therefore these respondents are unlikely to be reached on a landline.

Unfortunately, many vendors only can provide landline phones and this is not representative. In order to maintain representative coverage, you MUST include both wireless and landline phones.

The following chart shows the overall breakdown of US households by telephone coverage:

So, if you purchase landline-only lists or append only landline phones to your data, you are missing out on a huge proportion of the population. Contact STS today for a copy of our Wireless Update, which contains additional useful information on demographics and regional breakdowns of the wireless population at or 1(800)944-4-STS.


Telephone Matching

Append Wireless, Landline, or Business Telephones to Any List.

STS can append telephone numbers to any list or database based upon name and address. Telephone matching has never been better – we can append both wireless and landline phones. Wireless phones are more important than ever, since 52.5% of US households are wireless-only.

Our “adaptive matching” algorithms and data specialists will help ensure that you receive that highest match rates possible.

We offer an array of data matching services. We can append a large selection of different variables as shown below:

View our Append Services page for more information.

Contact an STS Account Representative today to discuss your data appending needs at or via phone at 1(800)944-4-STS.

Learn More: Why appending wireless phones is so important.

Telephone Matching

  • Select from hundreds of variables to
    append using the powerful STS
    Consumer and Business Database
  • Append Wireless Phones or Landlines
  • Append B2B Phones or Emails
  • Append Geo-Codes such as Time
    Zone, County, State, or CBSA
  • Provide your file in any format
  • Append to the whole list or a subset
  • Fast Turnaround

Need help staying TCPA compliant? STS Wireless Pre-ID™ can help.


Questions? Contact Us

Send us an email or call us at (800)944-4STS


We would enjoy hearing from you, and will be happy to answer any questions about our services that you may have. We always strive to make each and every client satisfied. I look forward to earning your business.


-Steve Clark, Co-Founder and Partner

Working Hours

  • Monday - Friday - 8:30am to 5:30pm
  • Saturday - Closed
  • Sunday - Closed